Posted by EricM as blogging, ecommerce
Are you taking the right steps to help your business succeed? Read on for our top five eCommerce tips for businesses of all kinds:
- Blog it up: Start a blog, link to it from your site, and post regular updates about special discounts, new products, etc. From here, you can link to your blog posts on Facebook, Twitter, and everyplace in between.
- Cater to impulse buyers: Can you imagine what would happen if a salesperson asked you, “You like that? Well try this!” On the internet, you can suggest additional products in a much more subtle way by showcasing related items on each product page.
- Don’t skimp on the pictures: One of the main downsides to online shopping is that customers can’t physically examine the objects they’re buying, which is why pictures are so important. If you’ve got a bunch of “photo coming soon” images, take them down and turn soon into now.
- Make browsing easy: Different people shop in different ways. To win over customers of all kinds, provide multiple browsing options — by brand, by color, by size, etc.
- Create special offers: Customers love to feel like they’re getting their hands on an exclusive product or deal, so why not give them what they want? Put up a couple of online-only items or offer an online-only sale on select products.